COVID-19 Important Updates
Published on 03-19-2020
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to develop, many of you are facing hardships we’ve never seen before. I want to make sure you know that, as a not-for-profit cooperative, our biggest focus is ensuring uninterrupted service in these trying times.
We are closing all our branch lobbies for the safety of our community
- Beginning Friday, March 20th, we will be closing all of our branch lobbies to help reduce the risk of our employees and members being exposed to the coronavirus.
- This will not stop us from being able to serve you as we have been proactively dispersing employees to help mitigate any potential disruptions to service. This includes paid leave for anyone quarantined or unable to find childcare.
You will still have uninterrupted access to your Coastal accounts
- You will still have access to our Tellers via our ATM/Personal Teller Machines from 7am-7pm, 7 days a week. This includes our drive-up machines as well as the machines in the vestibules of our branches.
- I encourage you to continue utilizing other ways to access Coastal, including how to use our digital banking tools and resources. Our Online Banking is always available 24/7 and you can easily access your account through our mobile app which features Mobile Check Deposit.
- We also no longer charge a fee when you use another financial institution’s ATM. They may charge a fee, but we don’t want to penalize anyone from accessing their account. Additionally, we have a network of over 80,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the United States, including all CashPoints®
- You can use our branch and ATM locator to find these additional ways we’re able serve you.
- Don’t forget that we also have a 24/7 call center at 919-420-8000.
Your accounts are safe with Coastal
- It is important to remember that your money is safe with Coastal. We’ve been protecting our members’ money for over 50 years and we are very strong financially.
- Your savings are federally issued to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
You are part of the Coastal family and we are here for you
Our mission statement is “Bank better to live better.” and that is our sole focus right now, making sure you live better to the best of our ability. We are also exploring ways to provide additional support to help our members and communities being impacted. Expect another communication from us soon detailing all of these efforts.
Thank you for your patience as we do our best to keep employees and members safe during this public health crisis. We will continue to keep you updated at: COASTAL24.com/COVID-19
Stay healthy and safe,
President and CEO